Trams in Cieszyn 1911-1921 Česky Polski
There are very few traces left of Cieszyn's trams. The depot building has survived in ul. Dojazdowa, but it has been modified and today serves as a bookbinding workshop.

The former depot in ul. Dojazdowa
Tablica odsłonięta na dawnym budynku zajezdni w roku 2010

For a long time there was support pole by the railway crossing in ul. Zamkowa (today in Museum of Cieszyn Silesia in Cieszyn).
There are ornamental rosettes for supporting the overhead wires on the elevations of two buildings in ul. Głęboka. Other rosettes are also on the building on the corner of ul. Szersznika and ul. Kochanowskiego, on the walls of the Borromean sisters' convent in ul. Wyższa Brama and the house on the corner of ul. Bielska and ul. Górna. On the Czech side there is just one on the elevation of the railway station.

Český Těšín - the façade of the railway station
The corner of the house at 50 ul. Głęboka
59 ul. Głęboka
The house on the corner of ul. Szersznika and Kochanowskiego
ul. Wyższa Brama - convent buildings
A rosette on the wall of the house at the last tram stop (2 ul. Bielska)

The tracks were removed in 1923, although some parts remain under the tarmac at the end of ul. Wyższa Brama where it joins ul. Górna (the last tram stop). They were also used as an element in the construction of one of the footbridges in the Lasek Miejski nad Puńcówką nature reserve.

The footbridge built in 1938 in Lasek Miejski nad Puńcówką nature reserve
A tram rail as a construction element of the footbridge
Part of a tram rail discovered in 2006, today in Museum of Cieszyn Silesia

None of the tramcar fleet has survived to the present day. Back to top ↑
Copyright © Maciej Dembiniok 2003-